IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
ALL BAN APPEALS HAVE BEEN MOVED TO https://discord.gg/YseSNsz6vm
Ban appeals posted on this forum/website will be disregarded from now on. Thank you!

Ban Appeal

al_laithy_

Ban Appeal

Post by al_laithy_ » Tue May 04, 2021 10:11 pm

User ID and banned username: 717795928987271262 ID: 𝓐𝓵 𝓛𝓪𝓲𝓽𝓱𝔂#3297

Ban reason: Talking to someone who spoke in French in the #other-languages voice channel.

I understand that if I receive another infraction after my unban, I may be banned again permanently with no chance of appeal.

Notes: I did not beak any rule or do anything unauthorized whatsoever. A week ago, I was in the #other-languages voice channel where people where talking Portuguese and Turkish when someone I don't know who has the username @daouud came in talking in French. Pleas note that my mic has a problem that makes it hard to distinguish if I'm talking or not in a voice channel so it's possible to mistake me for the person talking. After I realized I got banned he told that I got banned along with the other users in the voice channel because he was banned a couple of times before and is using another account, he was spotted by another French guy in the server with whom he had previous conflict and who's called "remi". So I got banned because of him and his decisions and behavior not because of anything I did. When @daouuud started trolling people in other channels I stayed in the #other-languages voice channel, after a while, I suddenly found myself disconnected without receiving any messages, warnings, or anything whatsoever. Extremely unexpected, no reason provided for such decision. I thought it was my connection or the server is down for some reason. There has to be a misunderstanding. It's the first time ever in my long history and collaboration with discord that I find myself banned. I own a growing 1000+ university server and I'm also the admin of a 1500+ server, so I know how hard it sometimes gets moderating, dealing with trolls and banning a person. I also know that I need to respect other people in order to get respect. I wanted to share the link for the English server on my 2500+ servers but now I can't since I'm not in the server anymore. I talked before with some moderators on this server and they were very nice, agreeable and responsive. I really like the general vibe and the help you give to people from all over the world. Hope this misunderstanding doesn't get in the way of our future collaborations with the server. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Ice

Re: Ban Appeal

Post by Ice » Sun May 09, 2021 10:28 am

Under Review.

Nesha

Re: Ban Appeal

Post by Nesha » Sun May 09, 2021 6:00 pm

Hello.

It seems that you are lying about your ban reason. You were banned for trolling and speaking French (in an English VC), it is unrelated to the ban evader's infraction.
After careful review, we have decided to deny your appeal.
You therefore won't be allowed to join back on our server.

Regards,
Nesha