IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
ALL BAN APPEALS HAVE BEEN MOVED TO https://discord.gg/YseSNsz6vm
Ban appeals posted on this forum/website will be disregarded from now on. Thank you!

Ban appeal

ravithewolf

Ban appeal

Post by ravithewolf » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:02 pm

Henri D'Aeken#6853

Ban reason: trolling.

What happened: I am 19 years-old and found the English server when looking for a platform to help me learn the English language. I talked to many people, but never unfriendly, at least not unfriendly enough to be banned. Eventually, in a chat, me and some other users were playing with the command “!def”. For no reason and without thinking twice I typed: “!def fuck”. I know it was rude. Many of the users, although not the most of them, are minors, under 18 years of age. I didn't think about that when I did what I did, but I think this server is one of the best and would be happy if reintegrated in it. It really helped me to learn lots of things about the language, but not things that I shouldn't: these you can blame on the cinema. I can't affirm that banning me was unfair, but there is a lot of things worse than a sudden swear.

I understand that if I commit another infraction after my unban, I may be banned again permanently with no chance of appeal. Please unban me, I won't say these words no more!

I was banned from the server English because I started a joke with some other users, in the “hangout” room, playing with the command “!def”. I typed: “!def hangout” first, and everybody began to ask for different definitions. Then I joked: “!def America”, and it was doing well. Until I unfortunately, and foolishly, moved my fingers to type “!def f*ck” — yes, that damnword — in this clean, frequented by minors, helpful for learners server. I didn't think twice. It was foolish, I admit. It didn't make anyone laugh except another guy — who was banned too: he exaggerated, he made me feel very uncomfortable, saying gross and naughty stuff. I know it is unjustifiable what I did, but it was an unfortunate mistake that I'll never repeat again. If I am unbanned, I won’t swear or curse no more — not that I do it much frequently. I really enjoyed my time in the server, and learnt more about english than ever did at school, because I am not a native speaker.
I am sorry for repeating that word here (twice), but I wanted to make you sure that I am not lying. I confess everything that happened, exactly how it happened, nothing more, nothing less. I can't say what happened further, because I'm yet not there, and I really didn't know that these words could get me banned from the server. I honestly repent if anybody felt offended — but it was just a word! I never intended to be a low, hopeless or childish example of dirty-mouthed marginal! I never thought about the possibility of being banned for such a banal word, and yet I feel sorry for anybody who felt disappointed enough to kick me out of the English society.

Ice

Re: Ban appeal

Post by Ice » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:06 am

Under Review

ravithewolf

Post by ravithewolf » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:10 am

What happened?

Ice

Post by Ice » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:44 am

We have reviewed your appeal and approved it in your favor.
You can now re-join our server via this link https://discord.gg/english

With regards,
Ice, Administrator.